To say that we are living in a time of unprecedented change has become one of the understatements of the century. It's a troubling time for all Canadians and our lives have changed dramatically in just a few short weeks. We hope that you are all staying safe and are able to find some positivity in this situation, including enjoying more time with family and extra cuddles and walks with your four-legged companions.
In times of high stress, a healthy diet can go a long way, for both you and your pet, to keeping everyone healthy!
Red Dog Blue Kat Product Availability
We are open and fully stocked!
Pet food manufacturers and pet stores are considered essential services in all Canadian provinces, which means that most pet stores are continuing to operate in some capacity. Some stores are reducing their store hours and limiting the number of visitors in their store at one time. Others are offering curbside pick-ups. Some stores have even started doing local deliveries. Please check with your store for specific details.
AND...if you are having any difficulties with purchasing some healthy food for your four-legged family members, PLEASE CONTACT US and we will make sure you are looked after!
For those of us lucky enough to share our lives with a dog or a cat, we are now counting on them in a big way for emotional support. So, feeding your pets a healthy diet that supports their health and wellness is even more crucial today!
WHat RDBK is DOING TO HELP
We believe it is essential that we do our part to help those who are most affected by this pandemic in our communities. At RDBK we are offering to donate food to those who are in dire need right now due to the COVID-19 epidemic. We sent out our first donation the week of March 30.
Because we believe so strongly that healthy diets are even more important in this time of high stress, we want to make sure as many people as possible can keep feeding their pet real food to maintain their long-term health. If you need help, please reach out to us, tell us your story, and we will do our best to assist you! All we ask in return is, when things settle down again, you pay it forward by supporting our amazing pet retail stores that are on the front lines with us in this battle for health!
Please check out RDBK's COVID-19 BLOG for tips on how to reduce costs right now while continuing to feed raw!
In addition to donating food, we have offered to help facilitate the collection any donations for the following groups:
- Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre (Vancouver Coastal Health) -- They serve mostly elderly, very isolated / medically compromised clients who are struggling to meet basic personal needs (food, personal care, medicine). Some of their clients have beloved pets and they are scrambling to find food for all.
- Paws for Hope Animal Foundation -- A not-for-profit that focuses on building sustainable animal welfare and helps pets that are coming from crisis home situations (such as domestic violence). They are currently also looking for food donations – dry, canned, and raw – for their clients.
Our BC Lower Mainland drivers will pick up donations at stores during their regular delivery times. If you would like to donate directly to RDBK, please contact us to set up an appointment time to drop off donations at our plant.
What RDBK is Doing TO STAY SAFE in these Unusual Circumstances
We want to assure you that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and adhering to all recommendations from our local health agencies. We are continually adjusting our procedures as new information is available to ensure the safety of our team and products.
Following are the steps are taking as a company to ensure the safety of our staff, customers, and suppliers:
- Performing up-to-date weekly team training on safety with COVID-19 at work and home including
- Social/Physical distancing procedures at work and outside of work
- Proper handwashing techniques and frequency
- Proper sneezing and coughing techniques
- Asking all team members with any symptoms (no matter how mild) to stay at home and following recommendations from healthy authorities on return-to-work clearances.
- Installing additional hand sanitizer stations and Lysol wipes throughout the facility.
- Additional sanitation of all common areas (multiple times per day), including contact surfaces such as doorknobs and light switches.
- Limiting access to the facility to staff members and essential personnel only. All plant tours have been cancelled and all meetings are being conducted online.
- Modifying our shipping and receiving procedures to limit contact in our facility and with our team.
- Any staff returning from other countries are required to self-isolate for 2 weeks.
- Ensuring that our team, including drivers, are using gloves when handling products and limiting contact with all external personnel.
- More frequent sanitation of delivery bins and delivery vehicle.
You can view our OUR FULL COVID-19 PLAN HERE.
As a HACCP-verified facility, we already adhere to strict sanitation procedures on an ongoing basis. We are now increasing our safety procedures even further to reduce any risk to our staff and community.
NO RDBK employees have tested positive for COVID-19 and there is no known contact with anyone who has tested positive for the virus.
At this time our business is running as usual and we will do our best to minimize any disruptions to the supply of our products. (NOTE: None of our meat or vegetable ingredients are sourced from China or Europe.)
We commit to continuing to stay up-to-date on the COVID-19 situation and implement all recommendations for employers from our government agencies--Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)’s online resources located here.
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring the health of pets and our communities.
Stay safe and well!
Inna Shekhtman, CEO and Top Dog
Red Dog Blue Kat